To work with hazardous electrolytes, NBT has designed an electroplating cell in which it is possible to work with less than five litres of electrolyte. This cell is hermetically sealed and the electrolyte does not come into contact with the surrounding atmosphere. This is particularly important for hazardous substances such as hydrofluoric acid or for special electrolytes based on ionic liquids, for example for aluminium deposition.
NBT offers this test cell with a wafer holder that allows either front side contacting or back side contacting.
Safe Flow Cell (5l), anode, wafer holder.
- pH control
- temperature control
- galvanic aluminium deposition
- ionic liquids
- processes with hydrofluoric acid, e.g. for porous silicon
- safe working due to hermetic encapsulation
- no backside protection necessary
- electronic flow control
- desktop tool (500 x 700 x 940 mm w/d/h)
- touchscreen operation
Safe Flow Cell Tool with opened sidewall
Flowcell with waferholder
waferholder with frontside contacts